[syslog-ng]syslog-ng to MySQL question

Ron Clark syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:16:08 -0500

--=-4pr44CfCkoKlXam2vvyi

Hello all,=20

This may be off topic, but I would be very appreciative of any help. I
am using the sqlsyslogd file from
http://www.frasunek.com/sources/security/sqlsyslogd/.

But when it reads from the logs coming into syslog, on the time stamp
field, it adds some text in <> signs, and does not fully capture the
time stamp. Does anyone know what these are?  And more important, how
does one get the script to get fully imput the time stamp in the
syslogs? Does anyone have any tricks to the sqlsyslog.c file that might
fix this?

If this is not the correct forum, then please forward me to the right
person or place.=20

Thank you in advance,
Ron Clark

actual syslog:
Sep 30 16:03:05 system1 /kernel:

mysql entry:
| 15468 | <118>Sep 30 18: | system1 | psmintr |

--=-4pr44CfCkoKlXam2vvyi

--=-4pr44CfCkoKlXam2vvyi--