[syslog-ng]php-syslog-ng

petre daniel syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:27:53 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: syslog-ng-admin@lists.balabit.hu
[mailto:syslog-ng-admin@lists.balabit.hu] On Behalf Of Eduardo Oliveira
Scricco (Service)
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 6:54 PM
To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Subject: [syslog-ng]php-syslog-ng

Hi all,

Using syslog-ng 1.4.14 at Suse Linux 8.1

I'm trying to run php-syslog-ng (a syslog webviewer), but it does not work.
For it works, is needed to log to a database, as MySQL.
PHP-Syslog-ng website have on step-by-step script, that I used.

When I try to run syslog-ng, it complains about this line (in syslog-ng.conf
is at one line):

destination d_mysql {

pipe("/tmp/mysql.pipe"

template("INSERT INTO logs (host, facility, priority, level, tag, date,

time, program, msg) VALUES ( '$HOST', '$FACILITY', '$PRIORITY', '$LEVEL',
'$TAG',

'$YEAR-$MONTH-$DAY', '$HOUR:$MIN:$SEC', '$PROGRAM', '$MSG' );\n")
template-escape(yes));

};

log { source(net); destination(d_mysql);

};

I believe this "template" isn't supported in this syslog version. Is that
true?
The problem is I couldn't upgrade it to version 1.5 or higher, because of
libs dependencies...

Have one of you logged to mySQL using syslog-ng 1.4.14?

Thanks a lot,
Eddie