[Fwd: [syslog-ng]feature request to Stats ouput]

Jay Guerette syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:04:37 -0500

No comment on the potential issue.... just a 'me too'.

I'd love to see a 'processed' count. My syslog server is processing
about 10M lines/day, by my best estimate, but would like to know more
precisely. A byte count would be nice, too; currently about 1.2GB day.
I'd like to generate RRD graphs, if I could get that data.

I tried writing a couple programs to do line & byte counts, and set it
up as a 'program' destination, but it would sometimes drop stuff when
it looked away from it's input long enough to write the stats to a
log. Probably when the there was a burst well above the ~ 115
messages/sec average.

User-specified destinations & macro/template formating for stats
output would be fantastic!