[syslog-ng]syslog-ng freezes under FreeBSD

Jost Menke syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:16:06 +0100 (MET)

> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 12:42, Jost Menke wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have installed syslog-ng-1.6.5 on a FreeBSD 5.3 release system with 3
> > remote machines logging to it. Logging works fine for several hours, but
> > after some time it completely freezes without a clear reason. The
> process
> > can only be stopped with kill -9. Any ideas?
>
> can you check the process with strace/ktrace/truss what it is doing?
> maybe it blocks on a DNS query, or something similar?
>
> --
> Bazsi

Hi Bazsi,

thanks for your reply. I started ktrace for the process and I will post the
result the next time syslog-ng hangs. (I hope this will happen before my
disk space is exceeded...  ;) )

Regards,
Jost Menke

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail + 3 Top-Spielfilme auf DVD
++ Jetzt kostenlos testen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail ++