[syslog-ng]re-inserting syslog messages for testing

Ed Ravin syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:54:21 -0500

I've written a perl script that takes as input a file with syslog
messages in it, and re-sends them into syslog on the current host.
I use this for test environments, especially when I'm testing things
with logsurfer and have a known logfile that should generate certain
results when parsed by logsurfer.

Are there any other tools that do this?  If not, I'll release mine
after cleaning it up a bit, but there's no point in adding more cruft
to the world if Someone Else has done a better job.

	-- Ed