[syslog-ng]How do I discard a message with syslog-ng?

Ed Ravin syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:14:44 -0500

I want syslog-ng to discard a message that matches a particular
string.  There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that, so I
came up with this scheme instead:

  [...]
  filter unwanted {
          program("noisy-daemon") and match("unwanted alarm");
  };

  [...]
  destination discard {
          file("/dev/null" perm(0666) dir_perm(0755) create_dirs(no));
  };

  [...]
  log { source(remote); filter(unwanted); destination(discard); flags(final);
  };

In spite of the "flags(final)" in the log path, the unanted message still
shows up in my other log paths.  Have I misunderstood how to use "final"?
Is there some other way to discard a message?

My environment is NetBSD 1.5 and NetBSD 2.0.

Thanks,

   -- Ed