[syslog-ng]Where to put in startup scripts?

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:08:41 -0800

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 07:44:37AM +0100, J?rgen Ekstedt wrote:
> We are running a mixed environment with RedHat Linux and IRIX, and for now
> we have the startupscript for syslog-ng located at S99, ie we start it last
> of all services.
>
> Now where should we start it? Is there any recommendations?

It's usually started much earlier on, before other userspace stuff, so
they can log. I just trust the vendor, and use the same number that
solaris or debian or redhat uses, and just put syslog-ng in its place.
--
Nate

"There is an old-time toast which is golden for its beauty. 'When you
ascend the hill of prosperity may you not meet a friend.'" - Samuel Clemens