[syslog-ng]MacOS (Darwin) problem with dynamic file naming

Cary, Kim syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 20 May 2004 15:31:34 -0700

Thanks to the schooling (particulars and tools) from Jeremy Mates we
now have syslog-ng running. Thanks Jeremy!

destination std {

file("/Volumes/syslog/syslog-ng/$HOST/$YEAR/$MONTH/$DAY/
$FACILITY_$HOST_$YEAR_$MONTH_$DAY"
         create_dirs(yes) owner("root") group("secsyslogs") perm(0640)
dir_perm(0750)
      );

Produces files name after the DAY only; all the directories are present
and autocreated, but facilty, host, year, month are missing from the
file name. As this seems to be a common example, I'm wondering if there
is a problem with the system or something in the context of the conf
file that I have set wrong.

May I have a pointer to investigate from the list members?

Regards,
Kim