[syslog-ng]IRC channel: #syslog-ng on FreeNode

Andrew J Caines syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 14 May 2004 14:25:30 -0400

Folks,

Having failed to find an existing one, I've set up an IRC channel #thttpd
on the FreeNode IRC network`[1], where I'm AJ_Z0 and AJC_Z0 (at home and
work, respectively). It's registered with ChanServ.

Please feel free to drop in to say hello, as well as share questions,
answers and ideas about syslog-ng. If no-one responds straight away, don't
feel slighted since not everyone is actively participating in the channel
all the time. Hang around and someone will respond.

In case you're not familiar with Internet Relay Chat (IRC), it's an old but
very much alive collection of distributed networks, wherein your IRC client
connects to any node and you join any of the channels (chat groups) and
chat with everyone else in that channel on the network. It's a bit like
some of the instant messenger groups, but without the proprietary
protocols, poor client platform support, etc.

For the record, I'm not involved with syslog-ng, except as a (fairly new)
user.

[1] irc.freenode.org - See http://freenode.org/

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |