[syslog-ng]help required !!!! bit urgent

Nilesh Naik syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sun, 9 May 2004 08:41:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Sir

i have sucessfully installed

1) syslog-ng version 1.4.17
2) swatch-3.1

on my redhat 7.2 linux server , which is our central
loghost system ,

all other server are mix of solaris 7,8,9 & redhat
linux 7.x,

The problem i am facing is i am not able to generate
real time alerts using swatch ,
Following are my configuration files ,

syslog-ng.conf

options { sync (1);
          time_reopen (10);
          log_fifo_size (2048);
          long_hostnames (off);
          use_dns (yes);
          use_fqdn (yes);
          create_dirs (yes);
          keep_hostname (yes);
        };
source net { udp(); };
destination swatch {
        program("/usr/bin/swatch --read-pipe=\"cat
/dev/fd/0\"");
  };
log {
        source(net);
        destination(swatch);
  };

destination hosts {

file("/var/log/HOSTS/$HOST/$YEAR/$MONTH/$DAY/$FACILITY$YEAR$MONTH$DAY
   owner(root) group(root) perm(0600) dir_perm(0700)
create_dirs(yes));
  };
log {
        source(net);
        destination(hosts);
  };

here , i am getting lots  under /var/log/HOSTS
directory , but not getting logs of the loghost itself
,

my swatchrs is small and simple coz its not working at
the moment , the same is bellow

swatchrc

watchfor   /error Authentication/
        echo
        exec echo $0 | mail /usr/bin/mail -s \"log
11alert\" user\@testdomain.com
        throttle 10:00

watchfor   /error Authentication/
        echo
        exec echo $0 | bash-mail-alert swap_space
user@testdomain.com
~

nighter of this is generating any alerts ,  nor any
files is getting created under /root/swatch  directory
 ,

but when i start the syslog-ng , and then give ps -ef
| grep swatch , i can see swatch process

   i guess swatch is not getting anything from
syslog-ng ,  no clues why ?

please help me and guide me where the problem is ,
would be really grateful to you sir

regards
Prashant