[syslog-ng]Problem with "kill -HUP" on syslog-ng

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 06 May 2004 18:59:14 +0200

2004-05-06, cs keltezéssel 18:39-kor Wyner, Peter ezt írta:
> I have had similar issues HUPing 1.6.2 under Solaris 2.8.  My resolution
> is to kill have the script kill -9 the process and start a new one
> instead of HUPing.  The behavior is not consistant - sometimes it will
> honor the SIGHUP and sometimes it won't.

can you be more specific? it simply does nothing, it crashes or?

syslog-ng should send this message to the system log when it receives a
system log:

         notice("SIGHUP received, restarting syslog-ng\n")

do you receive this message when it does not correctly restart? can you
attach truss to the running syslog-ng process when you send a HUP signal
to it?