[syslog-ng]Problem with "kill -HUP" on syslog-ng

Stephane OMNES syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:16:56 +0200

Hi,
I need some help because I encountered a problem when trying to make some
automatic logrotate script with syslog-ng.
My "logrotate script" is the following :
/var/log/*.log {
    sharedscripts
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslog-ng.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/=
null ||
true
    endscript
}

The syslog-ng daemon never restarts when you type "kill -HUP <syslog-ng.p=
id>"
I tried also "kill -SIGUP ..." same result (the daemon is stopped but nev=
er
restarts...).
Did someone ever encountered this problem ?
Is there any "proper" solution ?

I'm currently workin under RedHat Enterprise v3.0

Thanks in advance to answer my question.
Regards.
St=E9phane OMNES
Security Engineer
The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s)
only.
system manager or the sender immediately and do not disclose
the contents to anyone or make copies.

* email scanned for viruses, vandals and malicious content *