[syslog-ng]cannot get sec.pl to exit after syslog-ng does

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 4 May 2004 12:46:30 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C431F7.59DAA140

"/bin/sh -c" is currently hardcoded into syslog-ng.

--
"Computer science is as much about computers as
        astronomy is about telescopes" -- Edsger Dijkstra

iVillage Inc., 500 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10018 -  iVillage Inc. is a
leading women's media company that includes iVillage.com, Women.com,
gURL.com, Astrology.com, Promotions.com, iVillage Parenting Network, The
Newborn Channel, Lamaze Publishing, Business Women's Network, Diversity Best
Practices, Best Practices in Corporate Communications, and iVillage
Consulting.  The information contained in this communication may be
confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and
may be construed under applicable law to be a commercial email.  If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this message from your
computer system.  If you are the recipient named above and do not wish to
receive any future commercial emails, please reply to the sender with a
message stating such preference.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C431F7.59DAA140

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [syslog-ng]cannot get sec.pl to exit after syslog-ng =
does</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;/bin/sh -c&quot; is currently hardcoded into =
syslog-ng.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;Computer science is as much about computers as =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; astronomy =
is about telescopes&quot; -- Edsger Dijkstra </FONT>
<BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>--------------------------------------------------------- =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Anthony Tonns, UNIX Administrator - =
atonns@mail.ivillage.co</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: Loic Minier [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:lool+syslog@via.ecp.fr">mailto:lool+syslog@via.ecp.fr</A>=
] </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 11:35 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: Re: [syslog-ng]cannot get sec.pl to =
exit after syslog-ng does</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; I don't wether it's worth it, but you can =
try with </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; /usr/xpg4/bin/sh, it</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; is a POSIX compatibility version of =
sh.&nbsp; I use it because it </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; suffers of</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;&nbsp; less bugs than /bin/sh.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>iVillage Inc., 500 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY =
10018 -&nbsp; iVillage Inc. is a leading women's media company that =
includes iVillage.com, Women.com, gURL.com, Astrology.com, =
Promotions.com, iVillage Parenting Network, The Newborn Channel, Lamaze =
Publishing, Business Women's Network, Diversity Best Practices, Best =
Practices in Corporate Communications, and iVillage Consulting.&nbsp; =
The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is =
intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be =
construed under applicable law to be a commercial email.&nbsp; If you =
have received this communication in error, please delete this message =
from your computer system.&nbsp; If you are the recipient named above =
and do not wish to receive any future commercial emails, please reply =
to the sender with a message stating such preference.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C431F7.59DAA140--