[syslog-ng]Filtering by time or date

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:01:08 -0800

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:05:13PM +0200, Wesolowski Michal wrote:
> My question is: Is it possible or planed for future releases to include time
> conditions in filter functions?. The "match" statement doesn't seem to check
> date or time and using program as destination is quite hard due to it
> "destination" not filter role in log paths. In my opinion very interesting
> option would be including external program as filter (ie. returning filter
> decision as std output or exit code).

Most people use external programs like swatch or SEC to do these things.

 http://www.campin.net/newlogcheck.html#swatch

The syslog-ng author doesn't want to overload the program with too many
features, at least in cases when similar functionality is available
using external programs.
--
Nate

"Often, when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher. That
is, I used to, until she got an unlisted number." - Unknown 15-year-old