[syslog-ng]Logging from a sun or hp unix host to syslog-ng

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:52:11 -0800

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 11:04:16AM +0200, Conrad Tiflin (CF) wrote:

> The problem must lie with the syslog-ng.conf. I am able to log
> from cisco pix firewalls without any problem. I assume that the
> configuration must be
> Different for logging from hosts then. Does anyone have an idea?, if
> so what should the configuration be for logging from these boxes.

IIRC, PIXes can do syslog over TCP, but your HP and Sun boxen surely
cannot with the standard syslogd. I'd guess you have a TCP but not a UDP
source.

source src {

	sun-stream("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));
	internal();

	# you need this
	udp();

};

--
Nate

"A round man cannot be expected to fit in a square hole right away. He
must have time to modify his shape." - Samuel Clemens