[syslog-ng]Loads of STATS: dropped > 0 messages

MH - Entwicklung syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:11:25 +0100

Balazs Scheidler wrote:

>2004-03-09, k keltez=E9ssel 14:55-kor MH - Entwicklung ezt =EDrta:
>

>>Hello out there,
>>
>>I get loads of STATS: dropped: >0 and don't know why.
>>

>>I've got syslog-ng running on a central log host.
>>Each host also has syslog-ng running.
>>syslog-ng ist configured to use tcp instead of udp.
>>

>it does not matter what you are using to receive messages. The value in
>STATS reports the number of messages "inside" syslog-ng, which is
>usually caused by some failing/slow destination.
>
>As file output never blocks, I suppose you have pipe/tcp/whatever
>destination that is too slow to process messages.

Dear Balazs,

you are right. After commenting out the pipes console and xconsole
everything is working fine.

Console is commented out only on our linux-vservers because they don't
have a console.

Thanks
Manfred

--
manfred heubach edv und neue medien
Hindenburgstr. 47

Tel. +49 711 9315824
Fax  +49 711 9315825
www.heubach-edv.de

Informationstechnologie und Telekommunikation f=C3=BCr Unternehmen