[syslog-ng]Loads of STATS: dropped > 0 messages

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:25:32 +0100

2004-03-09, k keltezéssel 14:55-kor MH - Entwicklung ezt írta:
> Hello out there,
>
> I get loads of STATS: dropped: >0 and don't know why.
>

> I've got syslog-ng running on a central log host.
> Each host also has syslog-ng running.
> syslog-ng ist configured to use tcp instead of udp.

it does not matter what you are using to receive messages. The value in
STATS reports the number of messages "inside" syslog-ng, which is
usually caused by some failing/slow destination.

As file output never blocks, I suppose you have pipe/tcp/whatever
destination that is too slow to process messages.