[syslog-ng]'debug' priority?

Pavel Urban syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:59:19 +0100

That's really strange. Here is some additional info:

root@dev-ims1 # /sbin/syslog-ng -V
syslog-ng 1.6.2
root@dev-ims1 # uname -a
SunOS dev-ims1 5.8 Generic_108528-23 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

root@dev-ims1 # gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.2.1

compilation: ./configure --enable-sun-streams --enable-sun-door
--with-libol=/usr/local/bin; make; make install

Complete truss output is available here: http://www.marvin.cz/ng . It
shows start of syslog-ng under truss utility, some restarts (kill -HUP)
and activity after 'logger' command.

If I can deliver more info, just tell me what you need. I really like
syslog-ng, but there are some problems that cause us trouble... and I
really want them to go away.

Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> 2004-03-08, h keltezéssel 15:41-kor Pavel Urban ezt írta:
>
>>I cannot confirm this. Here is an output from truss utility (only
>>relevant part):
<snip>

> Reading the source I still cannot see how it would create the file
> during initialization.

Pavel Urban (pavel.urban@hq.iol.cz)
IOL system disaster
Internet OnLine, www.iol.cz
    Vegetables should not operate electronic equipment.
           Computer Stupidities, http://rinkworks.com/stupid/