[syslog-ng]'debug' priority?

Pavel Urban syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 14:46:56 +0100

Hello,

I've just tried 1.6.2 on Solaris 8 and encountered one problem. When I
try to set

filter f_filter_test { level(debug); };

I can see no output and no activity like opening destination file. When
I try to change this priority to 'notice', the file gets opened and
output is send there. What's wrong with 'debug' priority...?

The rest of my text config follows.

options { sync (1);
           time_reopen (10);
           log_fifo_size (2048);
           long_hostnames (off);
           use_dns (no);
           use_fqdn (no);
           create_dirs (no);
           keep_hostname (yes);
         };

source s_sys { sun-streams ("/dev/log" door("/etc/.syslog_door"));
internal(); };

destination d_test { file("/var/log/testlog"); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter_test); destination(d_test);
flags(catchall); };

Thanks for any information, including direction to TFM ;-)

Pavel Urban (pavel.urban@ct.cz)
IOL system disaster
Internet OnLine, www.iol.cz (owned by Czech Telecom, www.ct.cz)
    Vegetables should not operate electronic equipment.
           Computer Stupidities, http://rinkworks.com/stupid/