[syslog-ng]regex and priority(local7) question

cdowns syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:37:36 -0600

I do have one quick question on the

filter f_local7 { facility(local7) and level(debug..emerg); };

does this mean it is grabbing all level between debug - emerg, or just those 2 ?

thanks again.

~!>D

This config snippet works for me .... my PIXies are set to log via TCP1468
rather than UDP/514.
Real IP Addresses replaced with fakes. As with your situation, I have other
network
gear running on local7 as well. Syslog-ng's wonderful filtration allows for
a nice separation
of all the classes of switch/router/firewall/VPN-bricks.

Ted

source local {
        unix_stream("/dev/log" max-connections(200) keep-alive(yes) );

        # UDP listeners for Internal syslog-ng interconnections
        udp(ip(127.0.0.1) port(514));
        udp(ip(1.2.3.4) port(514));

};

source pixtcp {
        tcp(ip(1.2.3.4) port(1468)
                max-connections(10) keep-alive(yes));
};

filter f_local7 { facility(local7) and level(debug..emerg); };
filter f_pixmsg { match("%PIX"); };
filter f_misclocal7 { filter(f_local7)
                        and not filter(f_pixmsg); };

destination d_local7 { file("/var/log/local7.debug" sync(0) ); };
destination d_pixlog { file("/var/log/pixlog.debug" sync(0) ); };

log { source(pixtcp);
        filter(f_local7); filter(f_pixmsg); destination(d_pixlog); };
log { source(local); filter(f_misclocal7); destination(d_local7); };

This E-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the
person
or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential
information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any review, retransmission,
disclosure,
copying, modification or other use of this E-mail message or attachments is
strictly forbidden.
If you have received this E-mail message in error, please contact the
author and
delete the message and any attachments from your computer.
You are also advised that the views and opinions expressed in this E-mail
message and any attachments are the author's own, and may not reflect the
and opinions of FLEXTECH Television Limited.