[syslog-ng]Changing permissions on /dev/sysmsg

Loic Minier syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:30:20 +0100

   Hey,

 While this doesn't cause any noticeable disfunction, I keep getting
 a message from syslog-ng which says:
    syslog-ng[14172]: Changing permissions on special file /dev/sysmsg

 I understand this is the consequence of the owner/group/perm options
 of the following block:

    destination df_dev_sysmsg {
        file("/dev/sysmsg" perm(0777) owner(root) group(other)
            template("$DATE $HOST $MSG\n"));
    };

 On Solaris 8, /dev/sysmsg is a symlink t othe real sysmsg device,
 here's an output of ls -l /dev/sysmsg:

    lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         33 Dec 17  2002 /dev/sysmsg ->
    ../devices/pseudo/sysmsg@0:sysmsg

 And here is ls -l /devices/pseudo/sysmsg\@0\:sysmsg:
    crwxrwxrwx   1 root     other     97,  0 Mar  2 11:26
    /devices/pseudo/sysmsg@0:sysmsg

 As you see, the permissions of /dev/sysmsg and of
 /devices/pseudo/sysmsg@0:sysmsg match the mask I set, and I wonder how
 can I can tell syslog-ng not to touch the permission of this "file".

   Thanks for any hint,
     Regards,

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>