[syslog-ng]dest. tcp and dest. pipe on HPUX

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:48:57 +0200

2004-06-22, k keltezéssel 15:47-kor Stephan Hendl ezt írta:
> Hi,
>
> I use the syslog-ng-1.6.0rc4 on HPUX 11 and try to send the syslog data
> to a tcp-destination (is a ssh tunnel to a central syslog-server) as
> well as to a pipe. Unfortunately the syslog-ng creates the pipe but logs
> only to the tcp destination and _not_ to the pipe as well.
>
> Do you have any ideas?

syslog-ng won't create the pipe for you but expects to find it there, so
you must create it using mkfifo first.

I've quickly tested pipe destinations on my local machines and it seems
to work.