[syslog-ng]losing messages during a HUP

Rule, Ted syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:54:53 +0100

 I know I've mentioned it before on the list, but I too would dearly
like a separate signal for log rotation purposes to help=20
 with any potential data loss.

Note that the signal doesn't actually have to close and open
destinations - it only really has to close all of them, as the next
 bit of traffic routed to any given destination should presumably
re-open it anyway. Avoiding the need to re-open should make the coding
 simpler.

Ted

*********************
This E-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the pe=
rson
or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential informatio=
n.
If you are not the intended recipient, any review, retransmission, disclosu=
re,
copying, modification or other use of this E-mail message or attachments is
strictly forbidden.
If you have received this E-mail message in error, please contact the autho=
r and
delete the message and any attachments from your computer.
You are also advised that the views and opinions expressed in this E-mail
message and any attachments are the author's own, and may not reflect the v=
iews
and opinions of FLEXTECH Television Limited.