[syslog-ng]"Messages repeated N times"

Michael Arndt syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:11:51 +0200

Hello *

Question:

Does it still hold true that syslog-ng file source does not a tail
on any file, so logger sould be used if other logfiles should be
forwarded to syslog-ng ?

Opinion: Message aggregation by syslog-ng would be a valuable
         extension.

We discussed in a project context if we should implement this with
a client side ring buffer in a filter, but consent was, that if we
need aggregation we will probably build it for the central loghost
as C-Code extension

it should help to avoid DOS of a central loghost if many "Clients"
flood with the same problem.
At the moment we use event based logging in parallel to
circumvent the problem

Micha