[syslog-ng]syslog-ng

Michael Earls syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:34:58 -0400

I want to add filting based on certain domain names to create a new file
for each domain name.  I want to use the sql template below to create
the files.

# This files are the log come from the mail subsystem.
#
destination mail {
     file("/var/log/data/maillog.$YEAR.$MONTH.$DAY.$HOUR.$MIN.$SEC"
       template("INSERT INTO logs (host, facility, priority, level,
tag, date,
       time, program, msg) VALUES ( '$HOST', '$FACILITY', '$PRIORITY',
'$LEVEL', '$TAG',
       '$YEAR-$MONTH-$DAY', '$HOUR:$MIN:$SEC', '$PROGRAM', '$MSG'
);\n") template-escape(yes));
};

Can someone help me out with the configuration?

Thanks,

michael

Michael Earls
Systems Analyst, Information Services
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Phone: 513-636-5882
Phone: 1-800-344-2462
Pager: 513-303-8311