[syslog-ng]Re: success: syslog-ng on OSX 10.3.4

OpenMacNews syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:14:32 -0700

> Okay, so I set my ENV variables and it configured successfully. Then when I run make I error out again. This is the output. Trying to understand the output, I verified that libol is installed in /usr/local/include. Sorry for so many questions but I'm new to this. Thanks for all of you help.

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/Users/xxx/Desktop/syslog-ng-1.6.4/src -I.      -W -Wno-unused -g -DYYDEBUG -Wall -I/usr/local/include/libol -D_GNU_SOURCE -c macros.c
> macros.c: In function `append_string':
> macros.c:84: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
> macros.c:84: warning: signed and unsigned type in conditional expression
> macros.c: In function `format_tzofs':
> macros.c:118: error: `tm' undeclared (first use in this function)
> macros.c:118: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> macros.c:118: error: for each function it appears in.)
> macros.c: In function `expand_macro':
> macros.c:385: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned

although you did not specifically say so, i'm guessing you chose NOT to link the bind9 libs/includes ...

looking in macros.c, you'll note that its full of name resolution related calls ...

this error (with others) goes away with the inclusion of bind9 ...  *something's* not getting picked up.

richard