[syslog-ng]?? Connection broken to AF_INET(127.0.0.1:514), reopening in 60 seconds

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:16:51 -0700

I'd telnet to the local port where syslog-ng is trying to connect (the
listenening stunnel socket) and type some junk. If you can establish a
connection and send text that's accepted by the remote end, then it
would seem stunnel works.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 12:09:12PM -0700, seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> Nate
>
> Thanks for help.  Yes stunnel is up.  You are right... it is not
> clear if problem is with stunnel or syslog-ng.
>
> Here is my stunnel.conf..
>
> [laptop root /root] # more /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf
> client = yes
> cert   = /etc/stunnel/syslog-ng-client.pem
> CAfile = /etc/stunnel/syslog-ng-server.pem
> verify = 3
> chroot = /usr/local/chrootjails/stunnel
> setuid = nobody
> setgid = nobody
>
> [5140]
>         accept  = 127.0.0.1:514
>         connect = 198.253.71.174:5140
>

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:14:08AM -0700, Nate Campi wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:11:19AM -0700, seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote:
> > > I don't know what is the trouble with my remote syslog-ng/stunnel
> > > setup since I turned off packet filtering.  Any guidance would
> > > be greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Here is error message in log:
> > >
> > > Jul 26 11:06:47 seberino3 syslog-ng[3245]: Connection broken to AF_INET(127.0.0.1:514), reopening in 60 seconds
> > >

> > Do you know that the stunnel connection is up? Make sure it's running
> > first, it's probably not a syslog-ng problem.
> > --
> > Nate
> >
> > A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from
> > a simple system that worked.  -John Gall

> --
> _______________________________________
>
> Christian Seberino, Ph.D.
> SPAWAR Systems Center San Diego
> Code 2872
> 49258 Mills Street, Room 158
> San Diego, CA 92152-5385
> U.S.A.
>
> Phone: (619) 553-9973
> Fax  : (619) 553-6521
> Email: seberino@spawar.navy.mil

Nate

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the
Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in
rain. Time to die.                          -- Roy Batty, Blade Runner