[syslog-ng]Re: success: syslog-ng on OSX 10.3.4

OpenMacNews syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:26:10 -0700

> My env particulars match, except for BIND. I hadn't planned on having  BIND installed on this system. I don't see where it is needed for  receiving the logs. Is it needed?

there are name/address resolution calls in the code ... it was needed for my setup.  i did not note where, but the inclusion of the libs is there as a responses/resolution to a problem i must've had.  whether you can link against other/existing libs for yours, you'll have to try ...

> Got libol installed. Could you offer some explanation for the unsetenv  line? I am using bash, but I changed my shell to tcsh so I could set  the environmental variables in the same manner. Just curious what this  is doing?

simply clears my ENV vars from any sets/presets left over from prior build, configs, etc.

> Started running into problems installing syslog-ng. I used the line  "unsetenv..." but not the following two lines for "setenv..." because  they dealt with BIND. Some of my problems may be solved by my previous  questions, so I'll wait to go into detail until we rule out those  differences.

what errors are you seeing?

richard