[syslog-ng]syslog-ng 1.6.4 and tcp_wrappers

Andrew J Caines syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:24:53 -0400

Angelo,

> I compile the syslog-ng with support tcpwrappers.
> I put in hosts.deny my filter and it?s not work.

>From reading the documentation, you and Joe should be aware that hosts.deny is depreciated and that deny statements go in hosts.allow, eg.

ALL :		localhost 127.0.0.1 your.server.or.IP	: allow
sshd :		ALL : severity auth.info		: allow
syslog-ng :	your.network				: allow
ALL :		ALL :  severity auth.notice : \
		twist echo "You are not welcome to use %d from %h."

You should also see any errors or warnings when you run tcpdchk.

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |