[syslog-ng]regex support

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:56:11 -0500

--=_alternative 005728E886256ECB_=

I am trying to use syslog-ng to reduce certain types of logging. I have
scoured the web looking for information on the supposed regex support in
syslog-ng, but the only thing I have really found mention of is the
"match" keyword that matches a simple string. What I wanted to know is if
syslog-ng supports either posix or perl style regular expressions. If not,
has anyone found any other effective method of reducing logs using regex
with an external program? (that could be used with the "program" keyword
perhaps?)

Thanks in advance,

Joe Reeves
Security Engineer II, IDS
Regions Technology Risk Management
Office: 334-956-6189
joe.reeves@regions.com

"Wisdom is knowing what to do with what you know."
-- J. Winter Smith
--=_alternative 005728E886256ECB_=

Joe Reeves<br>
Security Engineer II, IDS<br>
Regions Technology Risk Management<br>
Office: 334-956-6189<br>
joe.reeves@regions.com<br>
&quot;Wisdom is knowing what to do with what you know.&quot;<br>
-- J. Winter Smith</font>
--=_alternative 005728E886256ECB_=--