[syslog-ng]fallback behaviour

Andrew Culver syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:54:08 -0500

If I have some log paths, then a log path using the fallback flag, then some
more log paths... will that path with the fallback flag not capture message
that the log paths after it capture? For example, can I do the following:

log { source(src); filter(filt_a); desintation(dest_a); };
log { source(src); destination(dest_b); flags(fallback); };
log { source(src); filter(filt_b); destination(dest_c); };

Will messages not filtered by filt_a be captured by the second log path and
then again by the third? If not, is there any way to do this? My
understanding was the old filter(DEFAULT) would behave like this, but
flags(fallback) would not. Can the same effect still be accomplished?

TIA,
Andrew