[syslog-ng]compiling syslog-ng (latest version) on solaris 9

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:18:04 +0100

On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 13:57, Markus Reger wrote:
> hello to everybody
>
> Made several attempts to compile syslog-ng. Compilation of libol went
> fine. Whenever I "make" syslog-ng I encounter the error:
>
> gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/include/libol -D_GNU_SOURCE  -o
> syslog-ng  main.o sources.o center.o filters.o destinations.o  log.o
> cfgfile.o cfg-grammar.o cfg-lex.o affile.o afsocket.o afunix.o
> afinet.o afinter.o afuser.o afstreams.o afprogram.o afremctrl.o
> nscache.o utils.o syslog-names.o macros.o getopt.o getopt1.o -lpthread
> -lnsl -lsocket -ldoor -lresolv   /usr/local/lib/libol.a -lsocket -lnsl
> -lxnet
> yywrap                              cfg-lex.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to

you need the flex library from GNU flex (-lfl), maybe you are missing a
path to the libfl.a library. (try to configure syslog-ng using
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure)