[syslog-ng]Re: syslog-ng and log viewer

Schernau, Ed syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:04:25 -0500

I second this, however I find that heavy DB usage causes NG to drop
messages.  However, I'm running MySQL on an old Sun Ultra 2, maybe this =
has
something to do with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: J=E9r=F4me Fenal [mailto:jerome.fenal@logicacmg.com]=20
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 10:49 AM
To: syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Subject: [syslog-ng]Re: syslog-ng and log viewer

Gerard Breiner wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I installed and configured syslog-ng. It works very fine ! Now, I'm=20
> seeking a free application to visualize the logs files into a=20
> navigator. An idea ?

we use a home brew version of what can be found here :=20
http://vermeer.org/syslog/

We log to mysql, then use a heavily modified of an early version of the =

php script found here : http://www.vermeer.org/projects/php-syslog-ng/

Cordialement,

J=E9r=F4me

--=20
J=E9r=F4me Fenal - Consultant Unix/SAN/Logiciel Libre
Groupe Expert & Managed Services - LogicaCMG France
http://www.logicacmg.com/fr/ - <mailto:jerome.fenal AT logicacmg.com>