[syslog-ng]persistent link to current file

Gainey, Joe (AT-Atlanta) syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:39:20 -0500

Is there any way to link the current version of a file to a standard
location.  If not would it be possible to add this functionality.  Here is
an example of what i have:

destination d_default {
   file("/var/adm/messages.$YEAR.$MONTH.$DAY") ;
} ;

However, I have to recreate the symlink in cron every day:

ln -s /var/adm/messages.2004.01.13 /var/adm/messages

it would be nice if there was an option:

destination d_default {
   file("/var/adm/messages.$YEAR.$MONTH.$DAY"
soft_link("/var/adm/messages")) ;
} ;

if this or something like this has been implemented please let me know.

Joe Gainey