[syslog-ng]funny character is being inserted into each log li ne + perm(-1) n ot working

Clemson, Chris syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 10:23:28 -0000

> The ^@ isn't really 'funny', per se; it's a representation of Ctrl-@
> which in turn is actually the null character.

ah, i see. i wondered what it was!

> Hence I suspect syslog-ng is safely mangling a null somewhere
> into a readable representation before writing it to the log file.

hmm, strange.
is there a way to turn this off?
i dont mind that the date isn't displaying, and it's only affecting the
firewall, so it's not a big deal really.
it's just annoying to get alert emails that don't actually contain anything
useful!

> Quite whose fault this is, is another matter.

:)
thanks

chris

--
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this

Software AG (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales 1310740
Registered Office: Hudson House, Hudson Way,
Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HS