WAS: Re: [syslog-ng]chroot jail NOW: example config?

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:05:27 -0800

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 12:00:13PM +0100, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> 2004-02-20, p keltez?ssel 11:50-kor Serge Torop ezt ?rta:
> > Hello, all.
> >
> > Is possible to run syslog-ng into the chroot jail?
>
> yes. it can even chroot itself, so no need to have libc in the jail.
>
> check out the -C parameter.
>
> ps: you might not be able to fetch local messages, but you could do that
> by using a separate syslogd/syslog-ng process outside and inside the
> jail.

Someone who actually does this should send the configs to me and/or the
list so that it can get into the FAQ. I want something used in
production (or I could just come up with it myself ;).

Thanks.
--
Nate

"To err is human but to really foul things up requires a computer." -
Anonymous in 'Farmer's Almanac for 1978' 1977