[syslog-ng]Re: Timezone problem with syslog-ng

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:16:12 -0800

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 04:53:24PM +0100, Roberto.Re@cu.mi.it wrote:
> [iso-8859-1] "Pedroche, Ra???l" writes:
>
> > The matter is I have noticed that syslog-ng is using UTC instead of local
> >time, as I'd like it to do. I am using the "use_time_recv" option and
> >server
> >is configured for MET timezone (BTW it is Solaris 9).
>
> I have the same problem on linux RH9.
> I dont understand how to solve it ? Any Idea?

You might be starting syslog-ng from an environment where all the
environmental variables are scrubbed, I've had similar things happen.

How are you starting syslog-ng?
--
Nate

"The IBM compatible sector has not yet recognized that 95% of computer
usage is devoted to experimenting with different fonts and character
styles in documents." - Reiner, Ron