[syslog-ng]repost: line truncation with spamd

Balazs Scheidler syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:39:45 +0100

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 16:40, scott wrote:
> > I am running syslog-ng 1.6.5 and spamassasin 3.01 on linux without a problem.
> > What OS and versions are on your end?
>
> Debian Testing and Debian Stable.
>
> A recent upgrade to SA 3.01 didn't fix it.  Nor did compiling syslog-ng
> from source.

I think the problem is caused by a bug in syslog-ng in which it includes
NUL characters in the message, e.g.

it tries to write something like $MSG\0\n, thus the line is truncated by
the '\0' character. it is triggered only with unix-dgram and udp
sources, but I didn't have time to look into it.

Can you check whether switching over to using unix-stream sources solves
your problem?