Re: [syslog-ng]答复: [syslog-ng]Ho w can I stop syslog-ng by command

Jay Guerette syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:20:49 -0500

If you installed from an RPM, there *should* be a script already; try running:
/etc/init.d/syslog-ng start'

If that doesn't work, you can create that script by copying it from
https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/1999-October/000250.html

If you built and installed from source, there is a script called
'init.d.RedHat' in the 'contrib' directory that was included with the
source. Copy it to '/etc/init.d/'' and re-name it 'syslog-ng'; then
run it.