[syslog-ng]How can I stop syslog-ng by command

Jay Guerette syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:36:25 -0500

This is going to vary widely by operating system, distribution, and
installation method. We would need to know these things in order to
help.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using 'kill', as long as you
are doing a normal 'kill',  which sends a TERM signal to the process,
and not a 'kill -9' which sends a KILL signal. TERM tells the process
to shut down normally, while KILL abruptly stops it.