[syslog-ng]Syslog-NG / sqlsyslogd Date Issues

Ronnie Clark syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:00:57 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I am using syslog-ng on a FreeBSD 5.3 STABLE platform
with the sqlsyslogd template to log syslog messages to
a MySQL 4.0.22 database. I noticed that when the date
rolled from Nov 30 to Dec 1, that the actual messages
were no longer being recorded. So I verified that the
messages were being captured in the text files, and
they were. Now, that the date is the 10th (2 full
digits), messages are again being logged into the
database.
Is this a bug? Anyone else seen this type of behavior?
I am pretty sure that it is not the OS causing the
issue, since I have another syslog-ng server running
on FreeBSD 4.x STABLE and saw the exact same errors on
that as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron Clark