[syslog-ng]Automatic starting of syslog-ng

Jeffery P. Humes syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 07:33:45 -0500

There is a contributed init script in the source directory:
    (I know it says RedHat-7.3, but it will work for 9)

# copy the init script into place
cp -p <your_source_dir>/syslog-ng-1.6.5/contrib/init.d.RedHat-7.3
/etc/init.d/syslog-ng

# make it executable (if it isn't already)
chmod +x /etc/init.d/syslog-ng

# turn off syslog (if you are completely replacing it)
chkconfig syslog off

# turn on syslog-ng at reboot time
chkconfig syslog-ng on

# stop syslog and start syslog-ng