[syslog-ng] Openbsd 3.5 on SPARC64 not login network hostname

Darren J. Wise syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:23:04 +0100

Hi,

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that I am setting up as a log server using
OpenBSD 3.5 with the stable port of syslog-ng 1.5.24.

In the syslog-ng.conf file I have got the following options:

options {
  sync(0);
  time_reopen (10);
  log_fifo_size (1000);
  long_hostnames (no);
  use_dns (yes);
  use_fqdn (no);
  create_dirs(yes);
  chain_hostnames (no);
  keep_hostname (yes);
  perm (0600);
};

And the following network related source, destination and log options:

source s_net { udp(); };
destination d_net { file("/export/syslog-ng/$HOST/messages"); };
log { source(s_net); destination(d_net); };

I have got a Sparc Solaris 9 box and Linux box logging to this
machine using the default Solaris/Linux syslog.

The problem that I am seeing is that the log server logs all
messages as if they have came from the localhost, an example from the
Linux machine on the log server (loghost-test is the name of the log
server) :

Aug 24 12:53:38 loghost-test xfs: Entry deleted from font path.

I have also compiled syslog-ng 1.6.5 with libol 0.3.14 and still
get the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Darren