[syslog-ng]two syslog-ngs?

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:36:14 +0100

Hmm, having got stunnel mostly working, I'm left with a little
more confusion. I'm about to attempt to build the loghost, the
only problem is that I'll need to chroot syslog-ng.

/chroot/syslogng

Surely, this is going to cause problems as the chrooted syslog
will need to do the logging for the local machine as well, and as
such will need access to /dev/log.

It can't be as simple as:

ln -s /dev/log /chroot/syslogng/dev/log

...can it?

Other than this, the only solution I can think of is to run two
copies of syslogng, one chrooted for accepting network connections
and one un-chrooted (that is an annoyingly awkward word in conversation)
for doing local logging for the machine itself.

Anyone come up with a better way?