[syslog-ng]Syslog Relay Question

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:06:19 +0100

Morning Stevo.

This is easy to accomplish.

Host A: originating host (192.168.1.1 for the sake of example)
Host B: relay            (192.168.1.2 for example)
Host C: destination      (192.168.1.3 same)

A in this case would be your router.

Have C listen on a port, I'm assuming UDP here, as most routers tend to be.
6000 is just an example, use whatever you want.

C:

source src {
	udp( ip(6000));
}

It will probably be tidier to set up a dedicated port to gather the router
logs, so create a new source on B.

B:

source src {
	udp( ip(6000));
}

and create a new destination for the logs to go to, which as you probably
guessed will be the ip and port of C.

destination  {
	udp("192.168.1.3" port(6000));
}

then just set up a log line with whatever filters you want to use. It should
work fine.

There may be errors in syntax as I'm writing this in a rush before I run off
to do some work. Hope not.

mark