[syslog-ng]cannot get sec.pl to exit after syslog-ng does

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:58:47 -0700

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 05:49:30PM -0400, atonns@mail.ivillage.com wrote:

> I don't think it's perl, but syslog-ng. What version of syslog-ng are you
> running? I looked at the source for 'afprogram.c' in both 1.6.2 and the
> 1.7.0+20040428 where it forks the child to run the program. Using the code
> as follows, how could you do anything _but_ run /bin/sh -c ...
>
>         if (pid == 0) {
>                 int fd = open("/dev/null", O_WRONLY);
>
>                 dup2(msgpipe[0], 0);
>                 dup2(fd, 1);
>                 dup2(fd, 2);
>                 close(fd);
>                 close(msgpipe[1]);
>                 execl("/bin/sh", "/bin/sh", "-c", self->progname->data,
> NULL);
>                 _exit(127);
>         }

Ok. I don't know why mine is a child of syslog-ng, and it properly
terminates when syslog-ng does. We must not be on the same version or
something. 1.5.26 here.
--
Nate

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duck
tape to make them stop." - Weilacher, G. M.