[syslog-ng]cannot get sec.pl to exit after syslog-ng does

Nate Campi syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:39:57 -0700

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 12:37:01PM -0400, atonns@mail.ivillage.com wrote:
> I've tried the various configurations in the FAQ and I still get sec.pl
> spawned by a shell. Then after killing syslog-ng, sec.pl doesn't exit. Below
> are the configs and the output from ptree. I'm using Solaris 7, syslog-ng
> 1.6.2, sec 2.2.2 and perl 5.00503.

See http://www.campin.net/newlogcheck.html#sec

I'll have to write it up properly and get it into the FAQ.
--
Nate

"Where a calculator on the ENIAC is equipped with 18 000 vacuum tubes
and weighs 30 tons, computers of the future may have only 1 000 vacuum
tubes and perhaps weigh 1½ tons."    - Popular Mechanics, March 1949.