[syslog-ng]program destination driver and template option

Jim Mozley syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:48:55 +0100

I'm using syslog-ng 1.6.2 which I believe from the changelog supports
the template option for the program driver. When I comment/uncomment the
line from the config file below the destination will work with the
template options commented out, but not with them uncommented.

destination d_add_message {
    program("/path/to/my/test.pl"
    #template("$HOST $MESSAGE") template_escape(no)
    );
};

No parse errors are reported when syslog-ng starts. I have googled for
examples of correct usage (although I cannot get through to the faq site
at present) and cannot see anything wrong with the above, although I
assume the problem is with the conf file definition.

Jim Mozley