[syslog-ng]syslog-ng + stunnel

syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:21:13 +0200

hello,
i am trying to securize the transmission of logs to my server via stunnel.

syslog-ng without stunnel goes on but if i run stunnel it returns an error
"connecting fd 6 to inetadr 127.0.0.1, port 514" when syslog-ng tries to send logs.

i try the way described at http://www.stunnel.org/examples/syslog-ng.html and i
also try to change the number of the port to no avail (i don't have firewall
which could deny the connection).

In fact, i wonder if stunnel may run as a demon because when i make "#stunnel
/etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf" as it's said, "#ps aux" don't show it. Is it normal?

so, i think my error of connection comes from the fact that nothing is listening
on port 514 (i have try to connect on it via telnet and obtained "connection
refused").
how can i check if stunnel is well running?

---

configuration of the client:

#syslog-ng
destination stunnel {
      tcp("127.0.0.1" port(514));
      };

#stunnel
client = yes
cert = /etc/stunnel/syslog-ng-client.pem
CAfile = /etc/stunnel/syslog-ng-server.pem
verify = 3
[5140]
   accept = 127.0.0.1:514
   connect = 10.1.1.200:5140