[syslog-ng]Feature Request: More flexibility for automatic "l og rotation"

Marc Haber syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:00:17 +0200

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 08:52:44AM -0400, Hamilton Andrew wrote:
> I think for the most part we on this list have agreed
> that syslog-ng is to be a logger, and for log rotation you would use a
> different application, that way everyone that uses syslog-ng would be able
> to rotate their logs as they see fit.  I don't know what platform you are
> working on but there are a lot of good log rotaters out there.

My platform is Debian GNU/Linux, which uses its own savelog for older
and logrotate for newer packages. Unfortunately, none of these can
rotate the log to a name containing the date.

Can you recommend another package that I should take a look into?

Greetings
Marc

Karlsruhe, Germany |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29